The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Orange County choppers (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33047)

39mto39g 01-31-2004 01:52 PM

Orange County choppers

the show American Chopper aired the show about a POW-MIA chopper they made.
Now I hate to get emotional, I went to the wall once and said I wouldn't go back. (just to emotional for me)
Well, They had the rear fender done like the wall, with the names, and choppers doing a CA. and them basterds, shit.

Ron

melody1181 01-31-2004 02:54 PM

Saw that...it was an emotional episode. I really loved the bike though. It was done very well.

BLUEHAWK 01-31-2004 03:50 PM

"They" (meaning the kids) do bikes well... but the father does not do "father" well at all... think what they could become if he would just ease back a tad.

39mto39g 01-31-2004 04:34 PM

BH

They have actors licens, They are acting. No one in there right mind would stay in a place like that, Its what the public wants to see and the producers give. NOT REAL.

Jessy James would have nothing what so ever to do with all those "Monster Garage" people if it wasn't for the million$ an eppasode he gets, and his ACTING licens.

West coast Choppers was just keeping its head out of bankrupsie before Monster Garage. That don't mean he likes them.

Orange County Choppers inc. wouldn't be in busness if BIG paul acted like that for real.

Ron

Seascamp 01-31-2004 05:13 PM

Tis theater Blue, just theater. If Paul sr. weren?t such a hard-ass and was a Mr. Chopper-Rodgers the show would loose its pazaz and appeal. I?d guess a big bunch of the audience is just waiting for one of the brothers to punch out the old man, ha.
But I suppose Paul Sr. isn?t all that far out of real character but is probably a big old huff and puff teddy bear in reality. In the business transactional analysis classes I?ve taken he?d be called a Driver-Driver, Paul Jr. an Analytical Expressive and the other brother (Mike?) an Expressive-Expressive. In a real live business setting it would play out much as it does.

The down side is if either of the brothers goes to the Driver quadrant of business behavior, then they got trouble and would endlessly argue over who has control of the steering wheel.
My business behavior is called Analytical-Driver with the downside of paralysis by analysis if I?m not careful. Oh, the classes are not any kind of trip doc deal, just a way of learning how to relate to and get along in a business environment, no big deal, but very accurate.

Scamp

P.S. No doubt the producers script scenarios on the fly based upon what is really happening but the show would look very canned if everyone were fed line scripts all the time. Even Hollywood in its best day couldn?t pull off spontaneous stuff like that.

SEATJERKER 01-31-2004 06:41 PM

Ron,...

..That was the third "theme bike" they have done for thedifferent POW/MIA'S,...

...I liked the one dedicated to the Firemen, all 343 of them that lost their lives in the World Trade Center bombing,...

...I'm sure Paul Sr. wasn't a cheesecake in his younger days, and they have worked hard to get the shop they have,...

... To me,... their just typical New Yorker's talking to each other like everyone else does here,...

..."shut the *#&% up, and get yor A44 back to work",...

BLUEHAWK 01-31-2004 07:20 PM

Scamp and Ron -

Do you mean to say that old Blue has been hoodwinked again?

I thought all that was for real... Blue had thought the show was about building beautiful bikes...

Welp, that just goes to show ya, Blue is easily fooled, would NOT make a very good warrior after all.

SparrowHawk62 01-31-2004 09:37 PM

Hey come on now, those guys from Orange County Choppers live in my neck of the woods. Rock Tavern, NY. That MIA Mural that Paul Sr. had in the background shot is on RT 17K. Not to far from Stewart Airport.
Paul Sr. is a bit more reserved in public, he was at the Newburgh Mall this past Christmas. The one kid Mikey is a dumb as a tree stump. I wouldn't want to mess with Sr., he looks more than ample to hold is own. Paul Jr. has let his time in the spot light go right to his head, what an asshole.
Just my two cents.

39mto39g 02-01-2004 05:01 AM

Blue

Next time you watch and they get into there little fight. look at the guys in the back ground, there laughin, if that was real. I don't belive laughin at Paul Sr. would be a good Idea.

I seen most all there them bike shows, pretty good stuff, sept, $150,000.oo for a bike? I don't think so.

Ron

BLUEHAWK 02-01-2004 05:44 AM

Ron -
Yeah, I guess I've missed the foolin' around parts of their shows... I'm so interested in the actualy technical info about welding and shaping metal etc. that the dang arguements get on my nerves when they spend so much time on it like they do... $150k for a pickle IS a whole lot, must admit.

62 -
Interesting to learn what those guys are like when off the TV... a lot of artists (and curators) in my profession are that way too