The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Farmboy wasn't a wanabe (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111742)

splummer 10-19-2009 06:17 AM

Farmboy wasn't a wanabe

I've talked to some of the SF guys now on PF20 and they had passed through Phu Bie during the time I was there 1968. You would have had to of been there to know the answers to questions I asked them. These guys are what they say they are and they know and vouched for Farmboy. Didn't Farmboy get banned from this site?

Whale 10-19-2009 06:56 AM

DocRussel too!

I believe Faemboy and several others were banned for life.

I would like to add that DocRussel is also who he says he is. After the 5th SFGA left Vietnam in 1971, many of those left behind were involved in training FANK - National Army of Khmer.

A little knowledge is like a lesson in Karate. You may only learn enough to get your butt whipped.:d:

5thgrpguy 10-19-2009 07:45 AM

Gentleman,

As the dust has settled and respect appears to have returned to the postings here, I would like to point out that Randy C. was also banned. He is my friend, and is exactly who he who he said he is...

Ron P.

DMZ-LT 10-19-2009 07:49 AM

Welcome to all who served our country !

David 10-19-2009 09:04 AM

Randy C. and Farmboy have been unbanned. I could not find a "DocRussel" username. If there are more just let me know. Let's keep it civil.

splummer 10-19-2009 09:40 AM

David

I wish you would also consider unbanning Sid and Tom [PHO and Paco] if they would want to come back. Reguarding keeping it civil: I can't speak for others but having a Vietnam wanabe on this site made me feel betrayed and angry. Since it went on for so many years It probably made it even harder to keep civil.
Thanks
Steve

Doc.2/47 10-19-2009 10:25 AM

David-

Made a quick check and also found these user names as banned: jlcoad, quietpro066, bigD,
BDNovember.

If you're going to issue a general pardon, why not include Sid and Paco? Let's just put this whole "wannabe" thing behind us.

Gimpy 10-19-2009 10:26 AM

Ditto..........

What my friends Steve and Doc Hal said!

Gimp

ussfa344 10-19-2009 10:57 AM

I just want to echo what the others have said. It is a terrible shame how just a single wannabee amongst a group of real been there, done that guys can come between friends and disupt a valuable forum such as this and PF-2. I guess that the same can be said about erroneous information, such as lies told to many of us here by various recruiters when we were in the military. But at least false information such as age requirements for Special Forces way back when can be corrected esily enough and we can all move on. But is sound like that wannabee from the past really caused some lasting damage. Shame on him!

Robert

David 10-19-2009 11:20 AM

jlcoad, quietpro066, bigD, and BDNovember have had their accounts reactivated.

SuperScout 10-19-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whale (Post 437009)
I believe Faemboy and several others were banned for life.

I would like to add that DocRussel is also who he says he is. After the 5th SFGA left Vietnam in 1971, many of those left behind were involved in training FANK - National Army of Khmer.

A little knowledge is like a lesson in Karate. You may only learn enough to get your butt whipped.:d:

Is DocRussel the person who claimed to have gone from security guard at a hospital to a SF medic?

Whale 10-19-2009 02:09 PM

It's all in thne approach.

Man 1 says: " Cambodians?? You #$%%^%$# liar/fake. there weren't no damned Cambodes in Vietnam."

Man 2 says: " Cambodians?? I didn't know there were Cambodians in Vietnam. What were they doing and what was SF's connection with them?"

Who is going to get results? Who is going to start a war?

I think Doc Russel is still allowed to post but hasn't returned since an attack similar to that of Man 1.:d:

Doc Russell 10-19-2009 02:09 PM

Yes. My user name is Doc Russell.

Whale 10-19-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperScout (Post 437032)
Is DocRussel the person who claimed to have gone from security guard at a hospital to a SF medic?

It would be nice to drop the word "CLAIM" from your post.

Jeff explained it once and there is no need to renew hostilities. He arrived in country as a 91A. They needed security more that junior aid men so he pulled security. (guard duty if you will). I pulled security watch every night!!!

Jeff is legit -- end of story!!!

If someone is smacked between the eyes with a dead mackerel and still insists it is a rose - so be it.:d:

No one can please all of the people all of the time.

Whale 10-19-2009 02:31 PM

del

jlcoad 10-19-2009 02:43 PM

O5B2S forklift driver

I was SF commo but I spent a month in the warehouse at Bragg driving a forklift after I got to the 7th.

SuperScout 10-19-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whale (Post 437035)
Man 1 says: " Cambodians?? You #$%%^%$# liar/fake. there weren't no damned Cambodes in Vietnam."

Man 2 says: " Cambodians?? I didn't know there were Cambodians in Vietnam. What were they doing and what was SF's connection with them?"

Who is going to get results? Who is going to start a war?

I think Doc Russel is still allowed to post but hasn't returned since an attack similar to that of Man 1.:d:

[Here are the comments and questions that I posted on your thread, but it as closed before any one had a chance to answer.]

Wow! How impressive, going from a security guard to a medic, with no training. Must have been a miracle! How did you know how to open the medic's bag and to grab the appropriate instrument, packet of medicine, or everything else involved in being a medic? And what brain-dead Grunt would want to be treated by a wannabee medic? And what were Cambodians doing in Vietnam? The Khmer and the Annamese are bitter, long-time enemies. How did you communicate with them? Possibly in French, or do you speak Cambodge?

Methinks you did a copy and paste of some other wannabees story: note the little funny icon at the end of your baloney trail.....

The credibiity here is being strained to the breaking point.

I invite any plausible answer and/or explanation.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

splummer 10-19-2009 05:22 PM

Brice

I don't know what a 91A is and there has been many posts I haven't read. [But] aren't they saying Doc Russel arrived as a medic but they didn't need him as a medic at the time and put him on security for a while at the hospital???

bigD 10-19-2009 06:08 PM

thanks for the unban david, sorry for any devisiveness i caused

Whale 10-19-2009 06:10 PM

91A WAS a medical aid man.
Yes. exactly correct.

SuperScout 10-19-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splummer (Post 437045)
I don't know what a 91A is and there has been many posts I haven't read. [But] aren't they saying Doc Russel arrived as a medic but they didn't need him as a medic at the time and put him on security for a while at the hospital???

If they did, I missed that point. And if I missed that point, my criticism and questions may be invalid. You will kindly note that I have been wrong before!!

03Fox2/1 10-19-2009 08:08 PM

It does my heart good to see the friendship and fellowship expressed by these new and old members. It is also quite satisfying to see a positive outcome from all of the mess and waste of time that the ousted wannabe Ron caused here and unfortunately, continues to promote on other sites.

I want to also express my gratitude to David for doing the right thing and hope we have all learned a lesson about self-restraint. I said before that the credibility of this site rests not only in the hands of the owner and administrator but also in the membership that must always put the good of the whole above the good of the individual.

I agree that each of us has our own level of patience and some are more quick to anger than others but most of us I think will agree that no one here deserves to be insulted to the point of retaliation and no one here needs to justify the exposure of a wannabe.

This site is about the preservation of military history and nothing is more precious or important to military history then the actual participants, both the living and the dead.
To me, a wannabe takes from both and ultimately brings dishonor on us all.

This is indeed an ending worth noting and I feel like much good has come out of a very ugly beginning.

Thank you gentlemen.
Semper Fi

ussfa344 10-20-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Fox2/1 (Post 437051)
I said before that the credibility of this site rests not only in the hands of the owner and administrator but also in the membership that must always put the good of the whole above the good of the individual. <snip> To me, a wannabe takes from both and ultimately brings dishonor on us all.

Guys,

Once again Scott is spot on! With this being an open forum with no foolproof vetting process, wannabees are going to pop up on the radar every now and again. Some will be only suspected wannabees that later prove to be real-deal guys such as farmboy, some will be genuine wannabees as was Ron. Not that I know about this Ron character as I was not a member of this forum when things happened with him, nor have I gone back and read any of the original posts about his exposure. All I know is what I have read here over the past couple of weeks is that two types of problems have reared their ugly heads.

One evidently was some sort of fall-outs over who knew what when about Ron being a wannabee. Clearly Ron must have befriended some here and abused that friendship and trust to perpetuate his wannabee tales. In that case you were all victims. As I was not part of that debacle, let me say that y’all need to forget Ron, chalk it up as a bad experience, and move on. I like the guys that I have met here on this forum and PF-2, and hate to see what happened over Ron come between real deal guys like you.

The other thing was the farmboy problem. I see that problem was caused simply by guys discussing things, good or bad, true of false, without having all the facts. In the future, I highly recommend that y’all go get the facts first via a Freedom Of Information Act request through Mary Schantag of the POW Network and act accordingly. Perhaps even temorarily suspend a suspected wannabee from posting while the FOIA request is being processed. Leave it up to the administrators to decide what to do with the wannabee, rather than letting a forum fall apart over that which has not been substantiated. I suspect that leaving a known wannabee on any forum would be quite detrimental though, and the administrators did the absolute right thing getting rid of Ron. Maybe the History Channel (?) needs to take action now, if that is where Ron is now wolfing his stories. That’s just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I think a FOIA request over both farmboy and Ron would have saved a lot of hard feelings and hurtful things that I saw posted both here and on PF-2.
<o:p></o:p>
Robert

03Fox2/1 10-20-2009 02:42 PM

Robert,
I'm afraid that The History Channel has a long record of ignoring the obvious and allowing what I see as constant ridicule of VietNam veterans on the VietNam War forums by whoever or whatever entity wishes. They then usually delete the responses from those that convey a message of vigorous denial or find fault with the accusations made about VietNam veterans. Also there seems to be a fail safe built into their system whereas all someone has to do is lodge a complaint against some post or thread as violating the community standards and usually it mysteriously disappears and no one knows who filed the complaint. There is an option of placing someone who you find fault with on ignore and you will no longer see this persons posts but let's face it, most of us are not easily deterred from defending what we perceive as attacks on our integrity and honor and as far as I'm concerned, to ignore these lies is to condone them and give them credibility. So you see, short of the administrators or moderators of THC being more objective or at least fair about what I see as attacks on the legacy of we VietNam veterans, nothing I imagine will change. It's like watching history being rewritten and being unable to do anything about it. I imagine that it is one of the few places where a wannabe can feel safe and untouchable and at the same time get national attention. I seem to be alone over there but as General Peter Pace said: "You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered."
Semper Fi

5thgrpguy 10-20-2009 03:43 PM

o3fox

You are not alone over there. I went over there and replied to 39M when he said he would forward all his posts so anyone can see he aint a wannabe. So far, nothing.. I also pm'd you for a little more info over on PF2..Keep the faith Bro'

Ron P.

03Fox2/1 10-20-2009 04:57 PM

Ron P.,
I had noticed you at both places and I assumed as much but I didn't want to appear invasive. If you do or don't receive any material from him is probably irrelevant as I'm sure since he is forewarned and already reeling from being exposed and banned from PF's he is not about to furnish anything that is incriminating. You know, what I find really intriguing is that I had absolutely nothing to do with his exposure on any site. It was his friends that he had deceived for a lengthy time on this site and it was they that caught him in irrefutable lies. They were the ones most taken advantage of and they, not me, are the source of his own downfall and misguided arrogance that he continues to display on other sites. There are games people play that should never be played and there are people that should never be threatened, both of these mistakes have been made by this individual and for that, he is indeed foolish.
Semper Fi

5thgrpguy 10-20-2009 05:49 PM

03fox

I understand that perhaps he was just spouting off, but as a FNG, I offered him an opportunity to do what he said would do in his post. All I could tell was that he was a grunt in a Recon Platoon in the 4th ID..Doesn't really matter to me. I think that it is most unfortunate when a friend or aquantaince of a lenthgy time turns out to be something other than he/she claims and that appears to happen all to often. Not just in Veteran circles, but in all walks of life. It has been proven that sometimes people do it to have a circle of folks that admire them, some because they lack self confidence and some for monetary gain.. No matter the reason, it is still disruptive to those effected by the fraud...Later Marine

Ron P.

Purple726 10-20-2009 06:49 PM

Guys,

I sent Ron a message letting him know I'd be interested in reading his 20 page response, too - to date - nada. :r:

And so it goes...;)

Purple

David 10-21-2009 03:09 PM

Packo's account has been reactivated.

Randy C. 10-21-2009 04:17 PM

My service and identity were questioned, then I became a subject of ridicule. My hide is thick and my memory is long.

jlcoad 10-21-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy C. (Post 437131)
My service and identity were questioned, then I became a subject of ridicule. My hide is thick and my memory is long.

Yeah. Randy, I was accused of being you. I took that as a compliment though. I just wonder if a few still want to kick my ass. It would be worth a plane ticket to see that.:D

Seriosly, I probably would of acted the same way had I been in their shoes. So I hold no grudges. If I did I wouldn't be here now.
Let's hope there are better days ahead.

Jon

Gimpy 10-21-2009 07:13 PM

David

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 437126)
Packo's account has been reactivated.

Many thanks,

Gimp

BDNovember 10-23-2009 05:30 PM

I came here, originally, for one reason and that was to clear FarmBoy's name and rep. I guess that's been done, with the help of some really great SF guys and some of the men over at PF-2 with the ability to think for themselves.
I tried to tell you guys that you were walking all over your dicks and didn't even know it.
Charlie Noyes

ussfa344 10-23-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDNovember (Post 439846)
I came here, originally, for one reason and that was to clear FarmBoy's name and rep. I guess that's been done, with the help of some really great SF guys and some of the men over at PF-2 with the ability to think for themselves.
I tried to tell you guys that you were walking all over your dicks and didn't even know it.
Charlie Noyes

Charlie,

Let me defend the guys here, not that they need my help. They were first befriended, then burned by Ronnabee the wannabee. So they looked at new guys coming here saying something they thought was unlikely based on what they had been led to believe in the past as being questionable at best.

Mike just happened to stumble into a hornet's nest that was the result of how Ronnabee abused friendships on this forum. It looks to me from reading some of the ancient history about Ronnabee as though guys here, guys that were friends before Ronnabee, were starting to question themselves or others about who knew what when. What a shame.

If it would have been me that signed up here before Mike, I am sure that they would have been all over me like ugly on an ape. I was way younger than Mike when I went in SF and was in the Army just over two years -- highly unlikely. But it wasn't me, it was Mike, so he became the lightly rod.

Then a bunch of Mike's long-time friends like you came to his aid. That made the FOGs here, with the memories of Ronnabee still fresh, lash out thinking that they may have another wannabee, possibly even a single guy signing in as multiple people, and maybe even Ronnabee himself trying to get back at the guys on this forum, disrupting things here.

The more I read about this Ronnabee, the more I see what trouble he has caused here, on PF-2 and elsewhere, as well as for Mike.

Yes some things were said here that folks regretted, but apologized. I am all for moving on and letting the mistakes of the past be forgotten.

Like you, I knew Mike in Viet Nam and I was ready to defend him, but by the time I came here to see what all the fuss was about, Doc, and maybe one or two others, stated that Mike was the real deal and everyone was moving on. I saw no reason for me to make trouble over the farmboy issue, but then I started reading about Ronnabee...

I, for one, would like to see Mike get back active here and on PF-2 and let's move on.

As for Ronnabee and other wannabees, let's keep ever vigilant and hold their feet to the fire. All they are doing is stealing the valor of others, all the while turning read deal guys against one another.

Robert

PS: I warned y'll a few weeks ago --don't get me started on wannabees.

03Fox2/1 10-23-2009 08:35 PM

Charlie,
I understand your feelings on this matter but I hope no one holds a grudge against anyone that spoke in haste or made false assumptions, good intentioned or not, about those who recently endured such a bad experience when joining PF's. This vetting experience was distasteful for a number of reasons but I do hope that we can come together as friends and not as suspicious antagonists.
I also believe that most of us think for ourselves. I know I have never been much of a follower and I certainly try to see my target clearly before I squeeze one off.

Robert,
Thank you for your gracious words of explanation and reconciliation and I do hope they don't fall on deaf ears.

Semper Fi gentlemen

BDNovember 10-24-2009 10:31 AM

Guys;
I guess I should have placed a smiley face at the end of my last statement above.
It wasn't meant to sound as angry or as antagonistic as it does this morning. Sorry.

I stated earlier here that my sole purpose was to clear my friend's name, and that once that was done, you wouldn't be hearing from me again.

That was the last statement I made before I was banned. I've been reinstated, but the computer I was using at the time is still blocked from accessing the PF site.

I'm not angry with David or anyone else.

My post last evening was just a statement of fact, and I should have ensured that it wasn't misunderstood as being anything else. I guess it kind of sounds like an "I told you so" message. It wasn't meant to be such.

I apologize if I offended anyone.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):)!!!!!

Charlie

sfc_darrel 10-24-2009 11:35 AM

Now that the war is over...

I was in MACV HQ in Saigon in the Operations section. Our duty, besides all military operations in country, was the 90 day prisoner exchange. :23:

The cease fire went into effect at 0800, 1 Jan 1973.

The only military incident that went through our office after the cease fire was an American chopper shoot down while on a 4 party mission.

Farmboy said he left the peninsula on 7 Feb 1973, as only 1 of 2 Soldiers. I was on the last military plane leaving country headed home on 31 March 1973. I arrived at home on April 1. :D This was supposed to leave only the Marine guards at the Embassy.

When you make statements as if they are everyone's reality, use caution because you can't be everywhere all the time. :ab:

My DD214 is posted. For those of you who read my DD214, yes Joy is my wife, Linda is my ex because, for 1 reason, she was sleeping with Navy SEALS, :eek: who also never served a day. So there is not only a big red button for fake special forces on this site. :x:

Oh, my eldest daughter is married to a former Navy seal. :14:

Darrel

darrels joy 10-24-2009 11:40 AM

It would be a shame if some of you didn't stick around. We really are nice people. Just as Keith. He wouldn't lie.

I'm sure we can find many other things to agree and disagree about. :cool:

Joy

03Fox2/1 10-24-2009 11:59 AM

Charlie,
I have no problem with anyone on this site but those who abuse the trust extended to them in brotherhood by promoting deception and manipulation of facts for personal gain or acceptance. These people leave nothing but confusion and lies in their wake and cause undo suspicion among friends and brothers in arms. Their goal in life is to be perceived as something they are not and in the process damage the legacy of not only we survivors but those brothers that we all left behind. These same fallen that we all know are the real heroes of any war call out for justice. That is why I get so upset when someone like this recent character 39 not only insults our intelligence but also refuses to go away when caught. He just pops up on another site, with the same handle even because his arrogance dictates his behavior, not rational thinking or shame.
Again, thank you for coming to the defense of your fellow SF member and friend, I would do no less nor expect any less from someone such as yourself.

I consider it an honor to have read your stories on this site, for whatever reason you came here for, and I for one wish you well and a long life my new friend.

Semper Fi

BDNovember 10-24-2009 12:05 PM

Without doing a search back to look at the posts, I still feel quite confident that FarmBoy was not the one that posted about being one of only a few men at any certain place in 1973.

When I left Bu Dop in late April 1970, FarmBoy was still there. Bu Dop was turned over to RF/PF in Dec, 1970. I suspect FarmBoy had already Derosed by that time, and I know he wasn't still in the army in 1973.

That was someone else's story. Figure out who that was, and then pick it apart, if you wish.;)

Charlie Noyes