The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Live from Ho Town IT'S EXLRRP!!!!! (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26949)

chilidog 04-22-2003 07:20 PM

JAMES!!!!!!!
Better than LA and cheaper too???? This I gotta see. I bet they don't have Zydeco yet, do they? How do you say, "IIIIIIEEEEEE" in Vietnamese?

Tell Tom that I got the package and they are great!

Ya'll pass a good time now, ya hear?

Chilidog

phuloi 04-22-2003 10:46 PM

Whay a TRIP! Direct to us from Saigon,from our embedded reporters!Unbelievable! Incredible..You guys be careful.

exlrrp 04-23-2003 05:26 PM

The Man With One Brown Shoe

well, boys, I'm set for taking some hooraw here.
SOME POINTMAN!!! I set off 2 booby traps whle taking the tunnel tour, no sht. Thank God they were only firecrackers but it was enough for me to put my girlfriend out on point--she'd spoted them both but didn't say anything about it--=SOME SLACKMAN eh?
Anybody who knows me will roll their eyes here--I didn't discover untill I was at the SF Airport and they were metal detectingmy shoes that I dscovered they didn't match--one brown and one grey. I got 2 pairs of the same shoes in different colors and grabbed the wrong one when leaving home (well, I wasn't that good a soldier, either)
The tunnels iof Cu Chi--what can I say besides I'm glad as hell I wasn't here in the war. There's a wholeDisney World thing here, even cables on the ground for tour buses. How did we think we could beat these people? Sue, Tom and I crawled through about 100 yards of tunnel and we all fired an AK afterwards--Tommdid the best
I REALLY like the Vietnamese, friendly nice people, polite and anxious to please. If this is different from what you experienced, then samesame here. Every GI needs to come here and see this--this is Vietnam like it should have been. Youi couldn't ask for nicer people.
And cheap!!!
We're staying in The Grand Hotel and it's very--great rooms, a terrific view of the river, a world class hotel with world class restaurants-$60 per night and this includes meal tickets for a breakfast buffet that is numba hucking one--as good as you'll find anywhere. The equivalent of this in SF would be maybe $300/ night although you could pay more.
Then we went to Cholon and Binh Tay Market where I finally got some matching shoes--tennis shoes for $3--why bother to bargain.
Than back to the hotel for a nap and dip in the pool, then out to a reall;y great Vietnamese restaurant where we had another terrific dinner for less than $ 10 apiece.
well, Sues waiting to use this thing when
I'm done so I have to wrap up for now

Chao Ong ya'll, off to Buon Ma Thuot
James

sn-e3 04-23-2003 05:35 PM

Keep up the good reports James and thanks for thinking of us. and one more thing James if you find a bobblehead of the patrion saint of Hanoi, Jane Fonda please pick it up for me so I could blow it up at the phyco vets campout over the forth Thanks pal.

39mto39g 04-24-2003 04:10 AM

James

Ya know what I hear in your e-mail.
Your happy, Keep goin . Maybe you'll find that ghost and kick its ass.

Ron